We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
- Explosives Detection Dog Handlers (FREDDS)
- Canine Recruits
Explosives Detection Dog Handlers Required for Exciting New Role in Aviation Security
Salary: From £27,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Detection Dog Handlers
Wagtail UK are leading international specialists in detection dogs and dog handler training.
We are looking for up to 8 explosives detection dog handlers to work within a busy aviation cargo environment, where you will join Wagtail UK Ltd in offering a real time detection dog capability for screening cargo for explosives, Free Running Explosive Detection Dogs (FREDDs).
We are looking for self-motivated and meticulous, adaptable team players, with the ability to work to highest standards in a regulated environment. Applicants must have proven detection dog handling knowledge, skills and experience.
Who will I be working with?
Wagtail UK Ltd is an international, multi-award-winning company, specialising in detection dogs and dog handler training. Established in 2003, Wagtail UK Ltd provides detection dogs and related services and prides itself on a philosophy to deliver quality without compromise.
What will this role of Explosive Detection Dog Handler entail?
As a dog handler you will provide an explosive detection capability in an aviation environment to the highest standard.
You will deploy to client sites in a company vehicle and be teamed with a highly trained Wagtail FREDD approved by the Department for Transport and the Civil Aviation Authority.
What will I need to be considered for this Explosive Detection Dog Handler vacancy?
- Proven dog handling experience with search and/or patrol dogs
- Have achieved of a minimum Level 4 Certificate – Explosive Detection Dog Handler (or equivalent)
- A natural affinity and confidence around dogs and a strong desire to learn
- Willingness to develop skills and undertake training to continuously progress
- Knowledge of animal husbandry requirements
- Be required to conduct continuation training weekly and monthly to maintain and meeting to annual licensing requirements
- Superb organisation skills, to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence
- The ability to rapidly assess situations aligned to operating procedures
- A quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult with a calm temperament and patience
- A resilient nature with the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to carry out tasks on a computer or hand held device
- Great team player with excellent verbal communication skills
- A professional smart appearance
- Physical skills like movement, co-ordination and dexterity
- Pass enhanced background checks
- You will need to be able to kennel a dog at your home address
- You will be responsible for the care of your dog, including off duty care and kennelling. Dogs, their food and veterinary care will be provided by Wagtail UK
- Evidence of your right to work within the UK.
- Hold a clean valid driving licence.
We are now looking for suitable dog handlers to join our team in this fast-developing area of our business. Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference FREDDS.
Due to a huge increase in demand for our sniffer dogs and detection services, Wagtail UK is looking for new canine recruits to join our highly successful team.
Ideally, dogs should be of working dog breed, have high drive and enthusiasm and be between 9 months and 3 years old.
If you are looking to re-home your dog, please contact email@example.com for more information.