Wagtail UK are delighted to announce that they have successfully achieved government certification to provide explosive detection dog service for the UK air cargo industry.
Wagtail UK have undertaken a rigorous training programme set out by the UK government to prepare dogs for air cargo screening. The dogs are referred to as Free Running Explosive Detection Dogs (FREDD) and have been approved by the European Commission as an acceptable method of screening aviation cargo for the presence of explosives.
The dogs are trained to check freight for a range of explosive materials. Now certification has been attained Wagtail will provide a FREDD service to be used alongside existing cargo screening methods, offering a rapid and effective way of screening large volumes of air cargo, reinforcing the UK’s aviation security.
Both the certification and quality assurance process that the dogs go through is set by the Department for Transport (DfT) and is undertaken by the Defence Science & Technology Laboratory (Dstl).
For more information please call 01745 561166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wagtail UK Ltd are:
- Licensed by the Home Office to store and keep explosives for the purpose of dog training
- International Multi-Award winning company, including recipient of the Home Office Value Supplier of the Year Award
- Members of the Institute of Explosive Engineers
- Members of Counter-IED UK part of the ADS Group
- ISO 9001 Accredited
- Cyber Essentials Accredited