Wagtail UK Ltd is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of detection dogs for the UK and international operations. We hold a Home Office licence to store drug scents and explosive scents for the purposes of detection dog training.
- Explosive and bomb detection dogs
- Passive drug and narcotic detection dogs
- Proactive drug detection dogs
- Tobacco and counterfeit tobacco detection dogs
- Cash detection dogs
- Body detection dogs (illegal immigrants)
- Cadaver detection dogs
- Protection dogs
- Search and rescue dogs (including confined space and urban disaster dogs)
- Arson detection dogs
- Products of animal origin (including ivory, pangolin, ivory, scull, shark fin, bush meat)
- Scat detection dogs
- Carcass detection dogs (to detect protected animals, including bats)
Trained / part trained dogs
- Illegal meat
- Products of animal origins
- ‘Live’ animals (exotic pets)
- Lion skull
- Shark fin
- . . . and more
TOBACCO DETECTION DOGS
Wagtail have an outstanding track record and have been providing tobacco detection dog teams to Trading Standards for 10 years and other government agencies in the UK and overseas for the past 8 years.
In the last 4 years alone Wagtail dogs have detected over 120 million illegal cigarettes and over 50 tonnes of illegal hand rolling tobacco! Along with these staggering figures, Wagtail dogs have also uncovered £3.5 million cash in that time.
Wagtail UK are proud to be Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) Corporate Affiliate Members.
We offer a Level 3 NASDU Tobacco Detection Dog Handler Course taking place at the Wagtail International School of Excellence (WISE) in North Wales. We have numerous, realistic training areas, incorporating real-life scenarios which we have encountered over the last 10 years to enrich the learning experience. More information on this course can be found here.