We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
- Explosives Detection Dog Handlers, London
- Body Detection Dog Handlers, Northern France
- Canine Recruits
Explosives Detection Dog Handlers
Location: London / London Heathrow
Salary: From £27,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience and location
Wagtail UK are leading international specialists in detection dogs and dog handler training.
We are looking for explosives detection dog handlers to work within a busy aviation cargo environment, where you will join Wagtail UK Ltd in offering a real time detection dog capability for screening cargo for explosives, Free Running Explosive Detection Dogs (FREDDs).
We are looking for self-motivated and meticulous, adaptable team players, with the ability to work to highest standards in a regulated environment. Applicants must have proven detection dog handling knowledge, skills and experience.
Who will I be working with?
Wagtail UK Ltd is an international, multi-award-winning company, specialising in detection dogs and dog handler training. Established in 2003, Wagtail UK Ltd provides detection dogs and related services and prides itself on a philosophy to deliver quality without compromise.
What will this role of Explosive Detection Dog Handler entail?
As a dog handler you will provide an explosive detection capability in an aviation environment to the highest standard.
You will deploy to client sites in a company vehicle and be teamed with a highly trained Wagtail FREDD approved by the Department for Transport and the Civil Aviation Authority.
What will I need to be considered for this Explosive Detection Dog Handler vacancy?
- Proven dog handling experience with search and/or patrol dogs
- A natural affinity and confidence around dogs and a strong desire to learn
- Willingness to develop skills and undertake training to continuously progress
- Knowledge of animal husbandry requirements
- Be required to conduct continuation training weekly and monthly to maintain and meeting to annual licensing requirements
- Superb organisation skills, to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence
- The ability to rapidly assess situations aligned to operating procedures
- A quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult with a calm temperament and patience
- A resilient nature with the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to carry out tasks on a computer or hand held device
- Great team player with excellent verbal communication skills
- A professional smart appearance
- Physical skills like movement, co-ordination and dexterity
- Pass enhanced background checks
- You will need to be able to kennel a dog at your home address
- You will be responsible for the care of your dog, including off duty care and kennelling. Dogs, their food and veterinary care will be provided by Wagtail UK
- Evidence of your right to work within the UK.
- Hold a clean valid driving licence.
We are now looking for suitable dog handlers to join our team in this fast-developing area of our business. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference FREDDS.
Body Detection Dog Handlers
Location: Northern France
Imagine a job that gives you the freedom to work one week on and one week off all year round? If you like the sound of this and would love to work with dogs on a daily basis, then this opportunity to join reputable UK based business Wagtail UK Ltd, is one not to be missed. Your working weeks will be in Northern France where your accommodation will be provided and at the end of each working week you will return to the UK to enjoy your time off.
Who will I be working with?
Wagtail UK Ltd is an international, multi-award-winning company, specialising in detection dogs and dog handler training. Established in 2003, Wagtail provides detection dogs and related services for government agencies including UK Border Force, HM Revenue and Customs, Police, Trading Standards and Armed Forces. The company specialises in detection dogs for explosives, drugs, tobacco and products of animal origin including ivory, bush meat and pangolin scale, and prides itself on a philosophy to deliver quality without compromise.
What will this role of Detection Dog Handler entail?
As a Detection Dog Handler, you will be part of a team providing support for a high-profile UK Government contract. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
• Providing a high standard of service by carrying out external search exercises on vehicles and communicating to the Search Team for further investigation as necessary
• Carrying out general kennel duties, ensuring all areas are kept clean and sterile
• Ensuring the welfare of each dog in your care, including regular health checks, grooming and bathing, regular exercise and feeding
• Carrying out maintenance duties for all company property, ensuring vehicles are kept fuelled and cleaned regularly
• Completing a range of administrative reports including dog training, health checks, vehicle inspection and incident reports
• Participating in the introduction of new techniques and change in accordance with the needs of the service
What will I need to be considered for this Detection Dog Handler vacancy?
• Proven dog handling experience with search and / or patrol dogs is essential
• A natural affinity and confidence around dogs and a strong desire to learn
• Knowledge of animal husbandry requirements
• Great team player with excellent communication skills
• Full clean driving licence
• Superb organisation skills, with good attention to detail
• Basic IT skills
• A resilient nature with the ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Willingness to develop skills and undertake training to continuously progress
• A professional smart appearance
• Although not essential, the ability to speak French is desirable for this role
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £27,183, rising to £28,355 per annum following successful completion of twelve-month probation period. Plus, fully expensed accommodation in France when on shift.
Hours of Work: Seven days per week, working on a one week on, one week off
Contract Type: Potential for a permanent contract upon completion of probation period and necessary qualifications
Location: You’ll be working at client sites in Northern France. Please note that you will need to reside in and return to the UK at the end of your weekly rota. You will be required to cover your own travel costs to and from Northern France.
To apply please forward a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the reference: Northern France.
Please note, due to the nature of the business, there is a strict selection and vetting process involved in the hiring for this position.
Due to a huge increase in demand for our sniffer dogs and detection services, Wagtail UK is looking for new canine recruits to join our highly successful team.
Ideally, dogs should be of working dog breed, have high drive and enthusiasm and be between 9 months and 3 years old.
If you are looking to re-home your dog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.